Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Adventure Rocks

Numa Pass

It's been a great summer. I've managed to squeeze a lot in, maximize my 3 day weekends and run, run, run on more beautiful trails than you can imagine.
I sure do love my backyard.

View from Sulphur Mountain - my backyard trail

Spring at Yamnuska

I've spent some quality time on trails with lots of new and old running friends as well. I remember my first year in Banff, I spent the entire summer running these Epic Long Runs, all by my lonesome. It was good stuff, but it was lonely and at times, a little scary too. Things sure have changed. I've got lots of good buddies to run with now and my hubby, who is no longer chubby, is also a trail runner. Time flys when you're having fun and Keith and I have just celebrated our 6th year of living in Banff.

Lake Minnewanka Shoreline in Spring

It's all still one big adventure. I love that word, adventure. It's all things good to me. Fun, challenge, spontaneity all rolled in to one. On that note, I'm off to Italy tomorrow for One Big Adventure. It's time for Tor des Geants! It's going to be new territory for me. With 200 Miles of Fun and a ridiculous-off-the-scale amount of elevation gain and descent, it's too scary and intimidating to even ponder seriously. So, what do you do if you're Leslie? You focus on the adventure, the scenery, the people and the place. And hope for the best. Afterall, it's all one big adventure and adventures are so much fun!

17 comments:

Kaz said...

I was totally waiting for your trans -r report and reading this one realised I had missed it. Looks so much fun, so very jealous. You are sooo right about you and your partner sharing your goals. So glad you had a fab time.

Some serious quads there ladies - good effort.

You will have a fab time in Italy - even if there are difficult times you will still have an amazing adventure.

So looking forward to hearing all about it.

Kaz

Helen said...

Can't wait to share in another of your fabulous adventures. Best wishes for an amazing run.

HappyTrails said...

Have a wonderful experience Leslie - cannot wait to hear about it and see the pictures!!

Sara Montgomery said...

Your backyard is the best!

Have a fantastic time in Italy! Adventure indeed! Can't wait to hear about it.

Meghan said...

Go git' em'! Have fun on your bigtimebigtime adventure!

Leslie's Keith said...

Hey...what about my Adventure?! 2 weeks surviving without her! ;(

Danni said...

Keith I think you will survive. You can call me if you get bored while caffeinated at breakfast. Have fun Leslie!!!

el moderno Prometeo said...

Hi Leslie!
At this time you could be flying to Italy. I've been in Italy last August, biking through Toscana and Umbria. It's been amazing and I want to share my pictures and experience with you. Just, have a look to my blog. Good luck for your next great ADVENTURE.
Regards!
Javier

Brian said...

I love your backyard too (especially now that I have gotten a taste of it). Hope you have ablast in Italy!

Carolyn said...

Wishing you the best! And can't wait to read/see all about it in your blog! Travel safe and have fun!

Anonymous said...

Leslie, I hope you have a fantastic adventure in Italy. New trails, new distances. One step at a time will get you there! I read your posts and think I need to move somewhere where my "backyard" is a little more awesome...
Naomi

kelly said...

I can't wait to hear all about your adventures!! Have a blast!

Anonymous said...

Leslie -
Can't wait to hear of your Italy adventure. Please give a food report too !

Craig in Memphis

JeffO said...

Love the Yamnuska photo!
I'm getting behind in my blogging. My fun is getting in the way of my internetting.

Russo said...

Go git' em'! Have fun on your bigtimebigtime adventure!

Kayla Carr said...

I love your backyard too (especially now that I have gotten a taste of it). Hope you have ablast in Italy!

Tommy said...

However, excellent future prospects and growth potential has made this profession very attractive. For instance, pediatric nurses who have specialized in emergency services, then their duties, would slightly differ from the regular pediatric nurses. Visit www.nursing2000.co.uk for more services! Nursing Home Assistant Position Glendale Az There are many different fields within the nursing profession, and most of them have very specific requirements for education and licensing.